Wednesday 22 July 2009

Hi ho.. hi ho...

it's off to peace and quiet I go..

Here I am. At work. Writing this. Oh the irony. Fact is, I've done all my work. I've finished my writing up of my previous cases, I've even managed to cross one of my personal 'todo list' items off. Today is the first CAB of the summer holidays, at an outreach that's only really been going properly a few months. At least weekly. It's based in a school, so as you can imagine, at the mo there are about.. hmmm... 3 people here? Not including me. I've so far counted a receptionist, the head and the caretaker.

*watches tumbleweed roll around the carpark*

That thing better not scratch my dad's car...

Anyway, I'm not complaining. Far from it. I can catch up on my work, and I get to have that oh so blessed, and missed wonder that is peace and quiet. If I turn my music off all I can hear in the tapping of keys, the whirr of the laptop fan and the buzz of electricity. Oh and the ringing in my ears.. the joys of being a bassist..

But I love it. I love my job. We work hard. But times like this I can just relax, catch up on some revising, and just have a bit of time away with my own company, in between clients and actual work obviously.

So for now I shall sign off, I've got Keane, coffee and some peace and quiet.

Bliss.

No comments:

Post a Comment